William A. Lorenz, Jr.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Super Lawyers 2022
- U.S. House of Representatives Congressional Record Commendation for community service, 2022
- United States District Court, Western District of New York: Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2020-2021
- Super Lawyers: Rising Star, 2018-2022
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2020-2021
- Canisius College DiGamma Honor Society, 2008
- New York State Senate Commendation Award for community service, 2021
- New York State Assembly Hometown Hero Proclamation for community service, 2021
- Erie County Legislature Proclamation for community service, 2020
- City of Buffalo Proclamation for community service, 2015
- Buffalo Bisons/Key Bank Community All-Star Award, 2020
- Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2020
- SUNY Buffalo Law School, J.D., 2012
- Canisius College, B.A., All College Honors (cum laude), 2009
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State of New York, 2013
- United States District Court, Western (2013), Northern (2021), Eastern (2022), Southern (2022) Districts of New York
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Western District of New York (2013)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2020)
- United States Supreme Court (2017)
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International, Buffalo Alumni Chapter, Vice Justice
- Canisius College Alumni Association Board of Directors, 2nd Vice President
- Desmond Law Society of Canisius College, Board of Directors
- SUNY Buffalo Law School 1L Mentoring Program, Mentor
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Direct Phone Number: (716) 242-8108
William A. Lorenz, Jr. is a senior associate in the Defense Litigation department at Bennett Schechter Arcuri & Will LLP.
Mr. Lorenz began his career in 2013 as an associate with an Amherst firm and amassed a variety of litigation experience, serving as first and second chair on numerous trials in both State and Federal court. Those trials concerned both civil issues such as civil rights, personal injury, and breach of contract, as well as criminal defense for money laundering, forgery, and murder. Mr. Lorenz also lobbied on behalf of his clients for the passing of the New York Child Victims Act and served as Case Coordinator of his own department once the Act became law in 2019. Mr. Lorenz gained experience in insurance coverage defense for both first- and third-party claims as a senior associate at a Buffalo firm before joining Bennett Schechter Arcuri & Will.
Outside of the office, Mr. Lorenz serves as an adjunct professor at Canisius College, where he teaches mock trial, a program he helped create as a student. A published author, Mr. Lorenz also volunteers with various nonprofits in the community.