- University at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2021
- St. Lawrence University, B.A. in Sociology, Minors in Religious Studies and Asian Studies, Cum Laude, 2016
Honors and Awards:
- 1st Place, ABA Representation in Mediation Competition, 2019 and 2020
- Semi-finalist, Lex Infinitum International Dispute Resolution Competition, 2021
- New York State Bar Association – Young Lawyers Section
- Erie County Bar Association
- Law Alumni Association at the University at Buffalo
- Charles S. Desmond Inn of Court
April VanOrman is an associate (pending admission) in the Defense Litigation department at Bennett, Schechter, Arcuri and Will, LLP. Ms. VanOrman comes to the firm with training in trial technique, moot court, and alternative dispute resolution and mediation.
Ms. VanOrman also gained experience outside of law school by clerking for local Buffalo firms in the areas of personal injury and employment law. Further, Ms. VanOrman was also an Access to Justice Fellow, where she worked with clients from the Clinical Legal Education Program across various areas of law to ensure access to legal representation.